Purchase Now and get started right away!
The Hazwoper 8 Hour Annual Refresher offered by Online OSHA Safety Training, will satisfy the Federal requirement for annual Hazwoper training, for those workers who are employed or visit hazardous work environments. The importance is always on safety! To refresh the earlier Hazwoper safety training you will be that better prepared to meet the demands and the potential dangers of not only working in and around hazardous work environments but also how to better protect both yourself and your workers that are around and even in these toxic sites. From supervisors to employees the importance on safety is what Hazwoper training is all about and OSHA and the Department of Labor make certain that each and every employee that has exposure or potential exposure to hazardous work substances are educated in the realm of worker and workplace safety
The Hazwoper 8 Hour Annual Refresher Course fully meets the requirements that are mandated in OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120. This Federal mandate requires 8 hours of annual refresher safety training for workers who are in the business of hazardous waste site exposure and disposal. It matters not if you only are planning on visiting a hazardous work site as OSHA and the Department of Labor have insisted that every single worker be adequately trained in safety measures for both worker and workplace environmental exposure. We believe that can be only achieved through reliable and OSHA accepted for online distribution of materials lesson plans, and experience. The Hazwoper 8 Hour Annual Refresher Course is designed for general site workers who remove hazardous waste or who are exposed to hazardous substances. The Federal government has taken this a step further and requires that even if the potential for exposure to hazardous substances, hazardous chemicals and other potentially life-threatening substances can be achieved, then the exposure related worker needs to have adequate Hazwoper training.
The topics that are included in this Hazwoper 8 Hour Annual Refresher include safety and health plans, hazardous chemicals, safety hazards, air monitoring, medical surveillance, decontamination, PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and respiratory safety equipment. Although all these topics were adequately covered with the completion of the 24 or 40 hour Hazwoper Safety Training lessons, it is essential that each and every hazardous or toxic site exposure risk worker be refreshed with the information annually.
Course Prerequisite: The 24 or 40 hour HAZWOPER course must be completed before taking the 8 hour refresher course.
- Read and understand OSHA regulations and requirements
- Use Site Characterization to identify hazards found in the workplace and steps to be taken to minimize hazard
- Understand the principles of toxicology and how they relate to various types of chemical exposures
- Develop a Medical Surveillance Program and understand its purpose
- Identify the uses for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and how to choose the correct PPE for a situation
- Understand the principles of decontamination as well as levels of decontamination and decontamination methods
- Have a better understanding of potentially hazardous situations involving corrosives, solvents, oxidizers and reactive chemicals
- Understand the various considerations in an emergency and the importance of training and actions to personal safety and the safety of others
- Regulation Overview
- Hazard Recognition
- Site Characterization, Analysis and Control
- Medical Surveillance
- Safe Work Practices and PPE
- Chemical Awareness
- Emergency Procedures
This course has been accepted for 8 hours.
All module quizzes require a score of 100 to proceed forward in the course. The final exam also requires a minimum score of 70 to receive a certificate of completion. The final exam may be taken three times if necessary.
OSHA safety training Program is our primary way to train workers in the basics of occupational safety and health. OSHA Safety Training is committed to making OSHA compliance easier for YOU.
Click here to purchase HAZWOPER 8 Hour Annual Refresher NOW and get started right away!